Resveratrol is a naturally occurring polyphenol in numerous plants, such as grapes, berries, and peanuts. Polyphenol is a group of phytochemical and micronutrients that are present in plant-based food and drinks. This substance works best as a dietary supplement because it has anticancer, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. Let discuss the trans-resveratrol vs resveratrol and it’s benefits.
Resveratrol has two forms: cis- and trans-resveratrol. Trans-resveratrol is the kind of resveratrol that has several potential health benefits because of its structural elements. Since resveratrol has several health benefits (shown in studies), you can call it nature’s immune system.
What is trans resveratrol?
It is the active component of resveratrol supplements. There are several trans-resveratrol benefits, such as lowering the risk of developing joint disease, liver illness, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cataract, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
What is the difference between trans resveratrol and resveratrol?
Trans resveratrol vs resveratrol
Resveratrol’s active ingredient is trans-resveratrol. The main difference between trans-resveratrol and resveratrol is that trans-resveratrol is the name of a supplement that contains polyphenols, which are antioxidants. At the same time, the second is the one that does the work.
|It is a polyphenol compound that is present in some plants and also in red wine. Resveratrol has antioxidant properties.||It is a polyphenolic phytoalexin which is present in several plants such as grapes. It has antioxidant, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory properties|
|Plants produced this natural phenol.||There are two isomers of resveratrol, and trans-resveratrol is one of them.|
|It’s basically the name of the product, which is a dietary supplement.||It is the active ingredient present in resveratrol dietary supplements.|
The benefits of trans resveratrol vs resveratrol
They both have anti-inflammatory qualities, help protect cells, and enhance cardiovascular health. But, trans resveratrol has some specific advantages, such as it can pass the blood-brain barrier. So this means that trans resveratrol supplement helps defend the brain against deterioration and harm.
Trans-resveratrol is the best option if you want to protect your health as much as possible because resveratrol can’t achieve that. Since you know that trans resveratrol has antioxidant properties, it plays a significant role in trans resveratrol benefits.
Resveratrol helps to maintain a healthy body in several ways. It enhances antioxidant activity, improves cardiovascular health, and supports normal blood sugar levels. But, one of its most important health benefits is its ability to increase long life. When you take resveratrol, it activates SIRT1 in the body. It is a protein that helps to control aging.
Trans resveratrol benefits:
- It helps to reduce inflammation and joint pain by lowering oxidative stress. So, it is highly beneficial for patients who have arthritis or any other form of joint pain.
- Trans resveratrol also has anticancer capabilities. It neutralizes the free radicals and stops the tumor cell expansion. In particular, polyphenols are helpful for breast cancer, colon, and prostate cancer.
- Trans resveratrol benefits on cardiovascular health; it enhances ventricular health and lowers blood pressure. And it also lowers cholesterol as it prevents oxidation, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It plays a significant role in controlling degenerative diseases. Most common are Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and rheumatoid arthritis. Since it has strong antioxidant properties, it helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease-related neurodegeneration. It appears to interfere with beta-amyloid protein fragments, which are essential for developing the plaques that are an iconic feature of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Diabetes affects millions of people around the world, but the consumption of resveratrol can help in managing it. Resveratrol protects the beta cells from glucose toxicity, which delays starch digestion. Also, it enhances glycemic control and helps prevent and manage type two diabetes.
- Resveratrol is also helpful in fighting obesity. It enhances weight reduction by improving adipocyte oxidation and increasing energy. Its ability to bind to proteins prevents the digestive system from properly breaking down proteins, lipids, and starches.
Signs that you need resveratrol
Our body show different signs when it is not in good shape, and in the same way, there are some signs that will show that you are in need of resveratrol. The blood is one of the most critical indicators that you could need trans-resveratrol. If you have high blood pressure, blood fat, or poor blood sugar levels, it is time to opt for resveratrol supplements. It is also beneficial if you face liver fat issues or have high bilirubin levels.
Since you know resveratrol is available in grapes, berries, and wine, you might wonder why you need a supplement for trans-resveratrol when you can easily consume these fruits. But, now that you know the advantages of trans resveratrol, you should also know the significance of dosage. To understand it better, let’s look at an example. When you drink one glass of wine, that means you are consuming 1 mg of trans resveratrol. And you require about 250 milligrams, so drinking 250 glasses of red wine daily is not a sustainable or advised solution. That is why it is essential to have high-quality supplements, like liposomal resveratrol, which help you reach the required dosage.
You will be surprised to know that, resveratrol has an extremely low bioavailability as it swiftly breaks down in the intestines and liver, so just 1% of it reaches the blood. Liposomes bind to the intestinal cell membrane, allowing resveratrol to enter the cell directly. In this way, you can get the maximum benefits.
A potent antioxidant with lots of potential is resveratrol. It has shown promise in treating several illnesses, such as arthritis and heart disease. You can do a few different things to ensure you get the most out of this potent antioxidant and take resveratrol tablets. Eat a nutritious diet like the blue zone diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. This will enhance the absorption of resveratrol by your body. Second, go for regular exercise. By doing this, you’ll have increased blood flow and better distribution of resveratrol throughout your body. Finally, abstain from excessive alcohol usage and smoking. These practices can counteract resveratrol’s beneficial effects and nullify potential health benefits.